Registrar (Administration & Human Resources) Jobs, HR Jobs, University Jobs, Kibabii University Jobs
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Registrar (Administration and Human Resources) shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar (Administration and Human Resources).
The Registrar shall be tasked with the following duties and responsibilities among others:
- Coordinate training and development programmes of staff in the University and ensuring their implementation;
- Determine equitable monetary and non-monetary remuneration of employees in the University considering legal and statutory provisions;
- Ensure proper health and safety working conditions as provided for in applicable laws;
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Personnel, Central and Blue Registries;
- Ensure safe custody and maintenance personnel and other records;
- Ensure industrial peace in the University by helping in collective bargaining, joint consultations and settlement of disputes;
- Ensure processing of staff engagement/disengagement is done in accordance with the approved policies;
- Advise top management on formulation and evaluation of human resource programmes, policies and procedures;
- Provide advice to heads of Departments regarding manpower planning, job analysis, design, recruitment and selection of staff;
- Provide Secretariat services to committees of University Management Board and Senate where applicable; and
- Exercise such other powers, perform such other duties, and discharge such other official functions as are assigned to him/her by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor/authorized officer or are prescribed by the policies and regulations of the University.
- Shall be a member of Senate and University Management Board
- Secretary to the University Management Board
- PhD Degree in a relevant area with at least three (3) years working experience as Deputy Registrar Scale 14 or its equivalent.
- CPS (K)/CIHRM or Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant area.
- Must be a full member of the relevant professional body e.g. IHRM and be in good standing.
- ICT Competence.
- Evidence of participation and contribution in seminars/conferences/research related to administration and management
- Knowledge of Management Information and Communication Technologies
- Shown merit and administrative ability in work performance and results.
- Must have certificates in professional courses.
The successful candidate shall hold office on a contract period of five (5) years but may be eligible for reappointment for a further one term in accordance with terms and conditions of service as approved by University Council from time to time.
How to Apply
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
Applicants for Scale 14 and 15 must also submit the following current documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general which should be sent to the address below by the application deadline.
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications must be sent on or before Friday 21st June, 2019 addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. BOX 1699 – 50200
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308.
Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
The University does not charge any fee for the whole recruitment and selection exercise.
Any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.