Registry Supervisor Jobs, Library Science Jobs, Records Management Jobs, Karatina University Jobs
The position is responsible for planning, organizing, leading and managing the University registry. It entails performance of records management duties in establishing a
Functional Records Management System in the University in accordance with International standards and best practice.
In addition, it supports development, implementation and maintenance of a range of records and information management services as modern trends of record management may dictate. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning, organizing, leading and managing the University registry in accordance to the record management procedures;
- Maintaining Records Management System – controlling and managing movement of documents, ensuring archive maintenance and information security;
- Serves as the section technical expert on University records management issues;
- Mail handling in an efficient manner – collecting, processing, recording and dispatching mails;
- Leading in transformation of University records management processes to address the challenges posed by management of records;
- Providing guidance on formulation and implementation of records management policies to keep abreast with appropriate national and international professional records and information management standards;
- Ensuring registry staff are knowledgeable and kept current about records management principles and requirements;
- Providing guidance to University staff on emerging issues on proper records management;
- Support compliance with the Information Security and Data Protection;
- Any other duty assigned by a Senior Officer; and
- Reporting to the Registrar (Planning and Administration)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;
- Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution in the relevant field (such as Records Management, Information Management, Information Science, Library Science)
- At least three (3) years post qualification work experience
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology
- Registration with a professional body is an added advantage
Terms And Conditions Of Service
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit two (2) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present, post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes. Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before
Tuesday 2nd July, 2019.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.