Security Officer Jobs, Security Jobs, Criminology Jobs, KMC Jobs
JOB GROUP KMC 5 REF: KMC/HRA/SO/7/5/2019
- Ensuring that the commission’ assets are secured
- Implementing security policies ‘
- Preparing work plans and budgets for security requirements;
- Coordinating security operations with public law enforcement agencies;
- Developing emergency management and contingency procedures;
- Identifying, investigating and resolving security breaches;
- Keeping abreast with emerging security challenges and devising appropriate interventions to ensure the organization security is maintained at all times;
- Monitoring all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Degree in any of the following. Criminology, criminology and criminal justice, criminology and fraud management, criminology and security management; or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Undergone a four (4) weeks approved security course at CID training school or an approved security course from the military or its equivalent
- Served in the forces for a period five (5) years
- Proven experience in the use of CCTV and surveillance cameras in the security function.
- A first aid certificate from recognized institution;
- Satisfy the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Key personal attributes / functional skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Have strategic leadership skills.
- Be a team player with ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be customer centric and resourceful in problem solving.
How to Apply
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain the appropriate certification from the:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates should fill and submit hard copies of the KMC employment application form which is available on the KMC website www.kenyameat.co.ke accompanied by applications detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, national identity card, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2019.
Persons living with Disabilities, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the “REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204