Analyst Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Role purpose statement
Maximize passenger revenues by pro-actively analyzing market trends and passenger demand in order to manage demand forecast and develop inventory strategies on designated routes/O&Ds to meet company passenger revenue targets.
- Monitor validate and influence PROS segment forecast.
- Recognize and pro-actively adjust forecast to changing passenger flows due to market events, economies, schedules, competition etc.
- Set up and maintain communication links with the various Sales and other relevant departments to ensure coordination and flow of feedback of market conditions.
- Monitor booking behavior to ensure segment demand develops as expected and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Assist Pricing Team in strategic pricing policies of each region.
- Assist the Commercial Analyst team in forecasting demand, market trends and seasonality for planning and annual financial budgets.
- Carry out tests on the show-up forecasts and optimizers’ solutions and continuously try to uncover improvements.
- Adjust and monitor overbooking levels and inputs.
- Provide and implement route inventory strategy to ensure continuous success and revenue growth for the new destinations.
- Continuously match capacity to changing demand trends to minimize operating costs, the costs of flying empty seats, Customer reservation Systems costs and denied boarding related costs by initiating aircraft upgrades and downgrades.
- A professional degree with strong emphasis on a business-related field e.g., Statistics, Economics Mathematics or Commerce
- Knowledge of fares, ticketing and reservation systems an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years airline experience commercial area
Other desirable skills
- Excellent skills in analysis for high quality commercial solutions.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Flexible attitude towards frequently changing priorities and demands.
- Commercial orientation.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Presentable and smart.
- Team player.
- “Go Getter” and self-motivator.