Assistant Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
One (1) Post – V/NO. 64/2019
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 85,110– Ksh. 119,730 p.m. (Job Group ‘P’)
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Principal Clinical Officer, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors degree in Clinical Medicine from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Clinical Medicine, Public Health, Reproductive Health, Tropical Medicine, Coroner and Forensic Medicine, Family Health, Health Systems Management, international Health, Community Health and Development, Health Economics or Disaster Management from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- a certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers’ Council.
Note: Possession of a certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- implementing clinical service programmes, procedures, guidelines, standards, ethics and quality assurance systems;
- providing clinical and family health care services in health institutions and communities;
- reviewing medico-legal standards and guidelines;
- undertaking research on critical health issues and emerging trends;
- implementing referral strategies and guidelines in liaison with relevant stakeholders;
- identifying skills mix and training for quality service provision in the relevant specialized service areas including Ear, Nose and Throat/Audiology, Ophthalmology and Cataract Surgery, Child Health and Pediatrics, Anesthesia, Orthopedics and Trauma, Epidemiology, Lung and Skin, Reproductive Health, Dermatology and Venereology, Coroner and Forensic Medicine, Medical Education, Health Economics and Policy, Health Systems Management, Psychology, Family and Community Health Services; and
- capacity building for disaster preparedness and emergency response.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100