Assistant Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
One (1) Post – V/NO.65/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 85,110– Ksh. 119,730 p.m. (Job Group ‘P’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Medical Officer, Job Group N or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Medicine, Anesthesia, Cardiothoracic Surgery; Dermatology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Otorhinolaryngology, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, Microbiology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Occupational Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics and Child Health, Palliative Medicine, Pathology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Psychiatry, Public Health, Radiology, Health Systems Management, Health Economics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Global Health Policy, Public Health Microbiology and Emerging Infectious Diseases, Biostatistics or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- a valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: possession of a certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- undertaking general diagnosis, care, treatment and rehabilitation of patients;
- carrying out specialized clinical care; providing psycho-social interventions and clinical services to patients;
- training, consulting and performing surgeries in various health facilities;
- carrying out forensic and medico-legal services;
- coordinating disease surveillance, prevention, and control;
- coordinating health education and promotion, implementing health projects and programmes and maintaining up-to-date health information systems;
- monitoring provision of health treatment and care; undertaking health research; and analyzing medical reports.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100