CEO Jobs, CAK Jobs
The CAK is an umbrella body with a membership of over 50 conservation NGOs working to advance the protection and management of biodiversity in Kenya. Through their expertise and resolve they address the challenges and opportunities in national wildlife policy, protection and conservation collectively. The Alliance aims to be at the forefront of setting the national wildlife conservation agenda in collaboration with the Government of Kenya. Thematic areas of the Alliance include: Conservation and Development, Research and Data Sharing, Wildlife Crime, and Communities and Livelihoods.
The Alliance is recruiting a CEO to manage the day-to-day affairs of the organization, to be more effective in harnessing our expertise and collating our agenda.
Serve as the day-to-day manager and administrator to the Alliance’s membership on all matters related to the functions of the Alliance as embraced by its Constitution and Articles of Association
- Serve as manager of the Secretariat designated to serve the Alliance.
- Represent the Alliance on all matters as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Supervise development of the 5-year Strategy for the Alliance
- Develop and maintain the following systems that support the role of the Alliance:
- Membership recruitment and management
- Communications and Outreach
- Contract/Grant management
- Financial management
- Conservation resource data base
- Technical services data base
- Board Administration
- Prepare and consolidate quarterly organisation’s performance management reports for presentation to the board
- Oversee the organisation’s operations
- Serve as the representative of the Alliance on matters related to conservation policy, strategy, legislative development, and similar
- Supervise the formation of thematic groups and develop ways of supporting their functions, operations, and success.
- Represent CAK to key GoK, Partner and Donor groups supporting conservation in Kenya
- The successful candidate will have at least 5-10 consecutive years of experience with conservation matters in Kenya, and organizational leadership, finance and administration.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of donor programmes and systems an advantage.
- Relevant degree
- Excellent diplomacy and social skills are required.
Dependent on experience and qualifications with a performance-based increase based on mutually agreeable performance indicators
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter outlining relevant experiences, addressing the qualifications and expectations stated above and CV. Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 23rd July 2019