Chief Officer Information & Public Communication Jobs, Communication Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘S’ (1 POST) – Ref: KSM/CPSB/2019/021
- Responsible for professional, administrative and operational matters relating to public communications in the entire County.
- The formulation, implementation and co-ordination of Information and Public Communication policies, strategies, programmes strategies and design of appropriate programmes and infrastructure to facilitate its implementation in the County
- Advising on Information and Public Communications issues
- Monitoring information and public communications policies and programs and reviewing them as appropriate
- identifying County Government events that require packaging for dissemination to the media and the public
- Preparing media supplements, documentaries, press release/media features
- Ensuring that the County’s digital media platforms and website are well managed and issues raised and responded to appropriately.
- preparing and organizing fora where County Government policies, programmes and projects can be propagated and promoted; and
- Ensuring professionalism, ethics and consistency in information gathering and dissemination
- Have work experience in a comparable and relevant position in a large organization for minimum period of ten (10) years, five (5) of which must be in a senior management position;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Information Sciences, Public Relations, Journalism, International Relations, Social Sciences or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possess strong leadership skills;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili;
- Be of high integrity, motivated and a team player with ability to strategically think, plan and implement information and public communication programmes;
- Possess advanced computer application skills;
- Be conversant with Government policies and regulations, and devolution laws;
- Have a clear understanding of National Development Goals, Policies and Programmes, vision 2030, Sustainable Development Goals and the ability to translate the role of Information and Public Communications towards realization of the same; and
- Have demonstrated outstanding professional and managerial competence in management of Information and Public Communications function as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.