Chief Officer Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘S’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/033
- Interpretation and application of statutes in line with the department’s goals and objectives
- Advising the County Secretary/C.E.C on matters pertaining to extension services in the department
- Advising the County Secretary/C.E.C on research /Extension- farmer linkage and technical training for staff development
- Planning, Directing, Controlling, and Coordinating Policies and programmes in the Department
- Promotions and coordination of programmes
- Participating in agenda setting for adaptive research for the department
- Liaison with other Government departments and stakeholders on policy and legal matters related to the department
- Interpretation of National policies relevant to the department
- Coordination of marketing policies
- Coordinating the implementation of the Department’s policy, legal framework, strategies, capacities, development and physical resource management, Work plan and budget and administering performance appraisal instruments within the department
- Coordinating and ensuring compliance with principle and value of Good governance, transparency, accountability and integrity
- As the accounting Officer, He/She will ensure that all expenditure made complies with section 149(1) of Public Finance Management Act of 2012
- Ensure that Financial and Accounting records comply with PFM act of 2012
- Ensure protection and back up of all financial and accounting records
- Ensure strict adherence to accounting procedures while acquiring goods and services
- Ensure that all contracts entered to by the department are lawful
- Coordination of review and harmonization of all acts, statutes, policies rules and regulation related to the department in liaison with relevant departments and agencies
- Ensure timely preparation of strategic plans in conformity with medium term fiscal frame work and objectives of the County
- Ensure preparation of estimates in conformity with the strategic plans
- Ensure timely submission of the estimate to relevant authorities for process and approval.
- Ensure timely preparation of annual financial statements
- Ensure proper and efficient management of departmental assets and liabilities
- Ensure that public funds entrusted to you are properly safe guarded
- comply with the financial provisions as contained in the Constitution of Kenya
- Ensure effective, efficient and transparent system of financial management and internal control in the department
- Ensure that Donor funds both revenue and appropriations in aid are properly accounted for.
- Ensure that management of public resource in your department is aligned to PFM regulation and any other County financial document.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of a first degree in Livestock, Fisheries, Veterinary or related field from a University recognized in Kenya. (A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.)
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of the 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Be a professional in good standing who has demonstrated absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conducts.
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five years in Management and Administration.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be a Visionary and a strategic thinker.
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government to achieve its Vision.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.