Kitchen Steward Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our Client in the hospitality industry is currently looking to hire a Kitchen Steward.
- Replenishing salads, sauces, condiments, bread, serviettes, wipes, etc. (food and non- food items)
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Report for duty punctually, in the correct uniform, clean and neatly pressed with your name-tag clearly visible.
- Liaise with the Kitchen Supervisor on duty for specific instructions/requests and to work on staff food menu that is varied, cost effective and produced before service.
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment.
- Help to wash and clean where necessary
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Kitchen Supervisor or a senior person.
- Assist in the set up and packing away of service areas (bar, inside the kitchen, clearing of tables etc).
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using a basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- May assist with food preparation, such as blending sauces, washing and peeling vegetables.
- Recycle all vegetable and fruit peelings, tomato tops and bottoms to make compost.
- Any other reasonable requests made by Management.
- Assist the team with stock-take as requested.
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc
- Attend Department meetings as requested.
- Responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
How to Apply
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org