Dental Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, St. Francis Community Hospital Jobs
St. Francis Community Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by undergoing ISO 9001:2015 certification process. As part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen and we invite suitably qualified to apply for the position of Dental Officer.
- Managing patients with dental conditions by diagnosing, investigating, treating and documenting;
- Admitting patients and undertaking minor oral and maxillofacial surgery; prosthetics, orthodontics, peadodonticts, restorative, periontodology and conservative dentistry;
- Carrying out dental examinations, age assessment and writing dental reports;
- Organizing and Participating in community sensitization and outreach programs on dental health care;
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Prescribing medications as needed and providing the appropriate follow up curative treatment.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes, and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
- Ensure the delivery of all dental treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation and professional standards, including Unit policies/Procedures and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping.
- Supervise the work of Dental Technicians, COHO and Dental Assistants.
- Prepare regular reports and present to management including plans to improve service delivery and revenue streams.
- Work collaboratively with other departments at St.Francis Community Hospital for the benefit of the clients.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending/Facilitating CMEs and establishing personal networks.
- Writing discharge summaries and follow-up of patients after surgeries;
- Ensuring all the procedures or services rendered to the patients are charged appropriatetly and on time.
Key Competencies and skills,
- Influencing, persuasion and negotiation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Delivery on quality results.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy hospital.
- MUST have completed one (1) year internship program.
- Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board. Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 5th August, 2019.