Deputy Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
POST V/NO. 60/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.119,730 – Ksh.166,780 (Job Group ‘R’)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Assistant Director of Dental Services/Medical Specialist Job Group ‘P’ and above, or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters of Dental Surgery degree in any of the following disciplines: Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics, Restorative Dentistry, Orthodontics or any other equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate of Registration as a Pharmacist by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board; and
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: Possession of a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
- analyzing reports of adverse drug reactions and poor-quality medicines;
- setting up and running poison information centres;
- conducting research and dissemination of the findings on medicines utilization;
- assessing and evaluating research proposals involving medicines use;
- analyzing medicines for quality assurance;
- coordinating paharmaceutical services in public health programs;
- monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of medication therapy; and
- facilitating detection, prevention, response and provision of information on global public; health crisis as per the international health regulations.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100