Deputy Director jJobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
Nine (9) Posts V/No. 58/2019 (Orthopedic Surgeon – 1; Ent Surgeon-1; Opthalmologis- 1; Anaesthesist- 1; Obstetrics & Gynaecology -1, Paediatrics -1, Internal Medicine -1; Dermatologist- 1; Radiology -1)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.119,730 – Ksh.166,780 (Job Group ‘R’)
- served for a minimum period of twelve (12) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Assistant Director of Medical Services/Medical Specialist, Job Group ‘P’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Dermatology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Internal Medicine, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics and Child Health, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Radiology or equivalent qualification from university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate by the Medical Practioners and Dentists Board;
- a valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: Possession of a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
- performing complex and advanced clinical patient management in area of specialization including: Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, ENT Surgery, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Anesthesia, Pediatrics, Pathology, Radiology, Public Health or other specialties recognized by the Board;
- coordinating training, coaching and mentoring of health personnel;
- managing health stores building including essential medicines and/or plant and equipment;
- developing intervention activities of programs for the management of diseases and conditions;
- developing training curricular and syllabi in collaboration with training institutions;
- coordinating emergency response and clinical care;
- coordinating health projects and programmes;
- carrying out health surveys and research; and
- monitoring the provision of forensic and medco-legal services.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100