Director Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, MUST Jobs
The Director, Income Generation Unit shall be answerable to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Planning, establishing and development of all income generating activities in the University.
- Management of University commercial facilities and all income generation activities.
- Preparation of concept plans and business plans for all income generation activities in the University for approval by the University Management Board and Council.
- Provision of strategic direction on improvement of performance of University income generating activities.
- Formulation of operating and financial policies and guidelines for all income generating units in the University and presentation of the said guidelines for approval by University Management Board and Council.
- Review of recommendations from departments regarding the optimum utilization of production units based in departments for training, research and production activities.
- Preparation of quarterly reports from all income generation activities and production units, and based upon these reports make recommendations regarding the operations of units.
- To deal with any other matters referred to the Unit by the Council, University Management Board, the Vice Chancellor or any other University Committee;
- To mobilize resources to build the University revenue base.
- Performing any other function assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing/Sales or a business related field from a recognized University. Masters degree in Strategic management/Project management or a related field will be an added advantage.
- Accounting/finance/project management background will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years experience in a similar role.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body and have strong financial management orientation.
- A good communicator with good planning and organization skills and ability to exercise sound judgements.
- Ability to supervise a team and deliver well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications.
- Self-motivated team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
How to apply
- Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
- Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau
- They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
- Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail or courier “marked with the reference number on the left hand corner of the envelope” to the under-signed to be received on or before 22nd July, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed in the MUST website, send a soft copy to email@example.com and attach a hard copy to the application. (Compulsory)
- Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200