Director Of Administration & Facilities Jobs, Administration Jobs, AWF Jobs
African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) works with the people of Africa to ensure its wildlife and wild lands thrive in modern Africa. The organization is seeking high-performing individuals to fill the position of Director of Administration & Facilities. This position will ensure administrative, logistical, and operational excellence across the organization. The Director of Administration & Facilities will support operations of project sites and other country offices and develop, implement, and improve processes aimed at enhancing program performance as well as ensure implementation of and adherence to operational, administrative, and logistical policies and procedures.
The Director of Administration & Facilities will partner with key departments, program teams, and country leaders to ensure appropriate preparedness on security and safety matters
- Provide oversight in the development and implementation of guidelines and requirements for efficient office operations across the organization.
- Working closely with Human Resources and other department heads, develop/revise a personnel security protocol across the organization, to support safety and well-being of all staff, and to enable a rapid and coordinated organizational response in emergency situations.
- Working with other department heads, oversee country registrations and required statutory reporting and compliance. Monitor changes and ensure AWF remains compliant with all country statutory regulations and annual fillings.
- Working with the procurement department, provide the necessary administrative support for the shipment of assets to AWF offices, ensuring exemptions including tax, are applied where available. Further, provide support and oversight for large equipment purchase and disposal.
- Ensure all inventory of AWF assets are up to date in liaison with relevant managers. Work with finance team to ensure fixed asset register is up to date and accurate.
- Develop and manage AWF Headquarters’ administrative budget, which covers office supplies, event supplies, and other office services. Oversee the day-to-day administration of AWF’s Nairobi headquarters, including providing logistical and facilitation support for all events held at the Headquarter.
- Oversee the administrative function across the organization including support for travel i.e. visas application, flights and accommodation, as well as on ground transportation. This also includes addressing immigration and diplomatic affairs.
- Secure appropriate insurance for all AWF vehicles and ensure procedures and policies are followed for optimal usage.
- Develop/revise guidelines and requirements for all AWF occupied offices, ensuring that they are appropriate for staff use and that all the necessary facilities are in place and adequate.
- Ensure AWF offices and facilities are properly maintained and meet the needs of staff (both moveable and immoveable assets, and outdoor areas where applicable).
- Develop annual budget requirements for both ongoing maintenance and any capital investment requirements related to facility improvements/upgrades
- Review and secure appropriate liability insurance for all AWF offices and facilities, including commercial insurance.
- Ensure the correct and proper signage for all facilities, the installation of appropriate and suitable furnishings, the implement an appropriate office supplies replenishment system, and ensure adequate safety and security for the staff.
- Oversee the provision of other basic office services, including water, sewage, cleaning, and grounds-keeping in all AWF-occupied offices (where required)
- Facilitate new project office set-up, including office space procurement and establishment, lease negotiation, identification and procurement of furniture and fittings, branding, etc.
- Work with finance and project teams to facilitate project closure, including proper dispersal or relocation of assets, shut down and exit of office space.
- Provide input into proposal budget developments to ensure that costs of in-country administrative needs are appropriately incorporated
- Ensure that all facilities adhere to safety and security requirements as may be stipulated by local laws and as outlined in the requirements for all AWF occupied facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field
- 10+ years leadership role in the appropriate field
- High level of business acumen with the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
- Construction, engineering, building and facilities management training or experience an advantage
- High capacity for managing and leading people with demonstrated success in enforcing accountability, building effective teams, connecting with staff (both at the individual and group level), and developing leaders from the bottom up.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to identify opportunities and create processes and systems that promote accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge consistent with role scope outlined above
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting demands
- Strong working knowledge of regulations and legislative guidelines
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Solid organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous work in humanitarian NGOs highly desired
- Ability to speak French is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 40% time to remote and sometimes physically challenging conditions
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply through http://www.awf.org/about/careers/ . Please send a cover letter, your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 15, 2019