House Keeper Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Kenyatta University Teaching, Research and Referral Hospital Jobs
Department: Administration & Finance
Section/Unit: Hospitality Services
Reports to: Floor Supervisor
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability to fill the following positions within its staff establishment:-
Reporting to the Executive House Keeper, the House Keeper job exists to provide cleaning services including cleaning all surfaces, arrange furniture, window and door curtains and other household items in wards, working rooms, corridors and verandas at KUTRRH
- Mop floors and wipe surfaces in wards, working rooms, verandas, corridors, bathrooms and toilets in the hospital.
- Wipe clean walls, ceilings, touchable electrical appliances, window guards and remove cobwebs from the surfaces in the rooms in the hospital.
- Remove and dispose garbage from wards, examination rooms and other working and living areas of buildings, in accordance with public health and sanitation policies and practices of the hospital.
- Prepare examination beds in consultation rooms for use by patients in the hospital.
- Draw window curtains, open and shut windows in the working rooms, wards, offices and other living areas according to needs in the hospital.
- Remove septic materials from the dustbins of the consultation, injection and dressing rooms, in accordance with public health and sanitation policies and practices in the hospital.
- Remove used bedding material, replace them and hand used ones over to the laundry for cleaning in the hospital.
- Arrange furniture and other stuff in the consultation, wards, injection and dressing rooms, waiting rooms, living areas and verandas in the hospital.
- Report any broken cleaning tools and equipment to the Floor Supervisor for the appropriate maintenance action in the hospital.
- Obtain cleaning tools, equipment and materials such as soap, detergents and deodorants from the Floor Supervisor in the hospital
- KCSE Certificate with Mean Grade D+
- Must have at least two years working experience as a House Keeper in a reputable organization
- Knowledge of hospital operations
- Ability to handle cleaning equipment
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Team player
- Sense of cleanliness and orderliness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work odd hour and odd day
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019