ICT Manager Jobs, ICT Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Purpose Of The Job
Reporting to the Director corporate services, the ICT Manager job exists to oversee and coordinate the ICT function, and advise the Hospital Management on the same at KUTRRH.
- Oversee and manage the ICT function of the hospital by ensuring that all its services are well planned for in order to support timely and quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning process for the hospital.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to ICT division in order to support timely and quality clinical services, research and training services delivery in the hospital.
- Provide supportive supervision of ICT division facilities and services in its sections and units in the hospital.
- Ensure that he ICT division supports generation of the target revenue required to facilitate the delivery of its services and other financial obligations of the hospital.
- Ensure proper coordination of the implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the ICT division within its vision, mission and culture and other national and international frameworks.
- Ensure that the ICT division has all human and non-human resources required to offer ICT services in order to support clinical referral, research and training services in the hospital.
- Oversee and ensure the recruitment, maintenance and disciplinary action and processes of the ICT division staff in the hospital.
- Oversee and coordinate the provision of timely quality and sufficient ICT services in the hospital within the established policy and professional frameworks in the hospital.
- Ensure continuous training and development of ICT division staff for their effectiveness and efficiency and thus performance and productivity in the hospital.
- Ensure continuous advisory services concerning ICT services and service delivery to the hospital executive and other stakeholders through the appropriate media.
- Work in collaboration with other divisions, sections and units in dealing with thematic ICT issues for timely quality clinical referral, research and training services in the hospital.
- Ensure and oversee monitoring and evaluation of the ICT division in order to establish its progress and achievement, and thus prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Anticipate business needs and identify and propose ICT products and services to fulfil those needs.
- Manage overall systems control by safeguarding the systems against deliberate efforts to fraudulently abusing it through physical and logical systems security and establishment of security features within the system for control purpose, though network monitoring and management
- Coordinate and provide ICT systems support services and service delivery in the hospital
Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Bachelors’ Degree in IT, Computer Sciences/ Engineering/or related Degree from a recognized institution
- Masters’ Degree in IT or Computer Sciences/ Engineering/or related field from a recognized institution
Minimum level of knowledge required for the job:
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Human resource management skills
Professional qualification required to effectively perform in the role:
- Professional certification such as Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, Oracle Certified Database administrator OCDBA, Microsoft Certified databases Administrator MCDBA or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Member of an ICT professional body.
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Relevant Work Experience Required
Minimum number of years of experience the jobholder is required to have to be appointed to the position:
- At least seven years working experience as an ICT Manager or Project Manager in an ICT environment, in a similar position.
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019