Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, MUST Jobs
GRADE 12 – MUST/ADM/03/19.
The Legal Officer shall be answerable to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Management of the University legal function.
- Monitor and evaluate compliance with regulations, contractual obligations and policies and implement corrective actions.
- Provide corporate governance advisory and practical support to the council, its members and the University for the effective discharge of their duties and responsibilities.
- Interpreting general University Statutes, Terms and Conditions of service, Collective Agreements and other documents that have legal binding on the University.
- Ensure statutory compliance through regular monitoring and implementation of legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Offering secretariat services to the council and all its committees.
- Working closely with the Vice Chancellor to ensure that Council meetings and business are conducted efficiently and in compliance with relevant legislation
- Updating the University on new relevant legislations.
- Ensuring compliance with Laws, regulations, standards and codes.
- Must be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law.
- He/she must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- He/she should be a registered member of Law Society of Kenya with good standing and have a current practicing certificate.
- He/she should have at least three (3) years post-qualification relevant working experience in a busy firm or in a University.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications.
- Self-motivated team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Masters of Law Degree from a recognized University will be an added advantage.
How to apply
- Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
- Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau
- They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
- Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail or courier “marked with the reference number on the left hand corner of the envelope” to the under-signed to be received on or before 22nd July, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed in the MUST website, send a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a hard copy to the application. (Compulsory)
- Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200