Medical Specialist Jobs, Medical Jobs, KNH Jobs
JOB GROUP K4 (P)
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department, the Medical Specialist II (Paediatric Cardiologist) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendations;
- Undertaking “First-on-Call” duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients.
- Conducting weekly clinic and theatre days.
- Training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers, Medical Intern and other students.
- Performing emergency surgeries.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms, court attendance and performing post mortems.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings;
- Carrying out community diagnosis, care and treatment.
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion; and
- Preparing medical reports.
- Masters Degree in Paediatrics from the University of Nairobi or any other recognized University.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a recognized institution by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Fellowship training in Paediatric Cardiology or proven interest in Paediatric Cardiology sub-speciality.
- Training in Interventional cardiology will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist.
- Specialist recognition certificate from the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Board
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board register.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 12th August 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
- For those applying for positions Job Group K5 to K1, you may apply online and attach relevant copies of certificates and testimonials through the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.