Monitoring & Evaluation Manager Jobs, NGO Jobs, SOS Children’s Villages Jobs
Location: National Office Nairobi.
SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV) Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV – International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
Key Functions of the Job
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will take lead in the development, review and implementation of SOS CV Kenya’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Framework and Policy.
S/he will work closely with the programme teams and the implementation partners in the various programs to set, track and report against appropriate targets, indicators and other expected results at the various levels (input, output, outcome & impact).
S/he will facilitate Results Based Management of all SOS CV KE programs to demonstrate effectiveness of SOS CV KE Programs and for drawing lessons that contribute regular adjustments to program designs and interventions approaches.
- Develop and review of the organization’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning plans, tools and policies.
- Conduct capacity building activities for SOS CV KE staff and implementation partners on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Regularly review and improve the M & E system by seeking stakeholder inputs and through consultations with practitioners in other organizations.
- Support programme teams to undertake baseline, mid-term, end of programme surveys and Child Rights Situation Analysis (CRSAs) to inform the organization’s programming.
- Support the development of an online M & E database and ensure integration with existing national databases to improve on reporting and compliance with existing government Information Management Systems.
- Synthesize and analyze data for summary and thematic reports on M & E findings.
- Develop, refine and manage the process of regular reporting on findings and coordinator with appropriate departments for the dissemination of information.
- Develop and implement a policy, system and appropriate tools to promote organizational learning and documentation.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M & E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
- Track and ensure quality of all donor and grantee reports (ensuring donor reports precisely respond to the reporting indicators and requirements.
- Degree in Social Preferable. Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant professional in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in an NGO set up.
- Strong analytical and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of standard monitoring and evaluation procedures and tools.
- Must have no criminal record and a demonstrated understanding of Children’s issues and rights.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse cultural, religious ethnic and gender affiliations.
- Experience in providing general support in a large team, and an experienced team player.
- Energetic, willing and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent quality, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 31st July 2019 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its
Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality