NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Photographer & Photo Journalist Jobs, Communication Jobs, Public Relations Jobs, Journalism Jobs, KMTC Jobs
Terms of Service: 3 Year Contract
Ref. No. KMTC/QP- 12/ EAF/ 20/ 2019
Tenable: KMTC Headquarters, Nairobi
The Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) is a State Corporation established by an Act of Parliament in 1990, under the Ministry of Health, entrusted with the role of training various disciplines in the health sector to serve the interests of East Africa and beyond. The College has 67 Campuses strategically located in various parts of the country. The graduates of the College account for more than 85% of mid-level work force in the health facilities in Kenya.
- Use of various cameras to take photos as scheduled by management;
- Manipulate photography parameters to obtain clear images;
- Compose stories, headlines, captions, and other descriptive tag to interpret photos;
- Research to obtain facts to validate a story;
- Creating timely visual content for all digital and social media platforms;
- Maintaining and protecting camera and editing equipment;
- Keep records of photographs in an image database;
- Documenting and reviewing media activities;
- Seeking out appropriate and captivating photographic subjects and opportunities;
- Process, edit, curate and share regular flow of images;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Diploma in any of the following disciplines: – Journalism; Mass Communication; Communication Studies, Public Relations or any other approved equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Proven photojournalist experience.
- Be proficient in camera operation and have an eye for details.
- Evidence of portfolio showing diverse areas photographed and edited.
- Familiarity with web photo editing and publishing tools.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines.
- Ability to research, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Be organized and detail oriented.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
- Be computer literate.
In addition, applicants for all the above positions will be required to submit copies of membership of Professional Registration (where applicable); Certificates of clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC); Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
How to Apply
Applicants whose backgrounds and competencies match the specifications are invited to send their applications, quoting the vacancy position and enclosing updated curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic and professional Certificates, National Identity card and day time telephone contact, to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Medical Training College
P O Box 30195-00100,
So as to reach him not later than Friday, 12th July 2019
The Kenya Medical Training College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard women, persons with disability and minorities with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.