Procurement Officer Jobs, Procurement Jobs, MUST Jobs
GRADE 12 – MUST/ADM/05/19.
The Procurement Officer shall be answerable to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Consolidate the annual procurement plan through compilation of submitted departmental procurement plans for forwarding to the accounting officer for approval.
- Provide input into the preparation of the departmental budget through needs assessment and subsequent resource matching to ensure availability of financial resources in a timely and complete manner to facilitate achievement of the departmental mandate.
- Allocate work to subordinate staff in line with job descriptions and annual work plans to ensure all departmental tasks are carried out in a timely and complete manner.
- Prepare quarterly reports relating to tenders and contracts in line with Public Procurement Regulatory Authority for compliance with procurement legislation.
- Facilitate subordinate staff performance appraisal through validation of the integrity of information provided by the relevant staff on the appraisal form to ensure that they are operating at optimal performance levels.
- Provide input into the preparation of the departmental work plan through needs assessment and subsequent human capital matching to ensure all departmental tasks are carried out in a timely and complete manner.
- Performing any other function assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Masters in Procurement and Logistics Management or Masters in Supply Chain Management with at least three (3) years experience in a busy procurement environment.
- Bachelors degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or a related field with a Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized institution.
- At least five (5) years experience in a large and busy public or private institution.
- Be registered with the relevant professional body.
- A good communicator with good planning and organization skills and ability to exercise sound judgements.
- Ability to supervise a team and deliver well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications.
- Self-motivated team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
How to apply
- Applications should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
- Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau
- They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
- Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail or courier “marked with the reference number on the left hand corner of the envelope” to the under-signed to be received on or before 22nd July, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed in the MUST website, send a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a hard copy to the application. (Compulsory)
- Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200