Production Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Uplands Premium Dairies Jobs
Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited is a fast growing FMCG company based in Kiambu, Kenya. We process Premium products available throughout the country; The Company currently processes several popular High quality dairy brands each with their own identities in the market, Flagship brand “Pascha”
The production manager will be in charge of growing production operations, through planning, organizing and controlling production functions to ensure that processes are efficient, on time, within budget and to the best standards and quality.
- Review of daily production practices and equipment; make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Optimize all aspects of the Production Department, Plan and support the team in ensuring maximum utilization of operational staff & equipment
- Identify, propose and implement Capital investment plans for the Department so as to smoothen production operations, Safety, quality and achieve higher productivity
- Plan, Organize, schedule and control production processes so as to achieve stated targets on production, capacity utilization and productivity.
- Review production on a day to day basis. Ensure that important communications like safety deviations, Quality issues & their analysis are known & understood by all relevant personnel in the departments.
- Liaise with the technical/Engineering department on decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Plan for manpower and raw material inputs based on market demand and inventory plan.
- Determine the human and material resources required and manage them to meet production targets
- Review on regular basis with Sales, Supply chain and Technical so as to resolve issues on inventory, Sale priority, Likely future orders.
- Carry out Safety Audits of the Department every month as per plan. Close on observations on immediate basis and report.
- Create and build Quality and Cost consciousness amongst the team.
- Do Root Cause Analysis for cases and put corrective and preventive actions. Monitor for compliance. Keep record for review.
- Train and upskill the Production team to ensure highly skilled and trained staff in line with business needs.
- Must have a Degree in Engineering (Industrial), Mechanical engineering or related field
- Have 7 years’ plus experience in production operations management, at least 3 years as a Manager in a busy FMCG Set up; Milk industry will be an added advantage
- Good at providing innovative solutions to problems in production
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to learn, with a positive attitude and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Experience in successfully maintaining cohesive work teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 23rd July 2019; only successful candidates will be contacted