Senior Deputy Director Jobs, Medical Jobs, PSC Jobs
Four (4) Posts (Obstetrics & Gynaecology -1, Internal Medicine -1, Paediatrics And Child Health- 1, General Surgery – 1) V/No. 57/2019
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 132,000 – Ksh. 195,410 p.m. (Job Group ‘S’)
Terms of Service: Permanent or Local Agreement
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which must have been at the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Medical Services /Medical Specialist I, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in comparable and relevant positions in the public service;
- a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields: – General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Child Health or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- a certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- a valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board; and
- demonstrated professional competence and managerial capacity as reflected in work performance.
Possession of a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be considered as an added advantage.
- developing and coordinating implementation of health standards, guidelines and protocols;
- undertaking specialized diagnosis, care, treatment and rehabilitation of patients;
- assessing employees’ fitness for continuation of work, age assessment and medical practice among others;
- developing intervention activities or programs for training of health staff in field of community health and health management;
- providing guidance, training and development of professional staff in clinical practice specialty;
- coordinating outreach activities and services;
- analyzing, utilizing and disseminating research findings in planning activities to improve service delivery;
- initiating development of an appropriate health information management system;
- coordinating provision of quality health care and adherence to health standards; and
- providing specifications for procurement of health supplies and commodities.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- (ii) by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100