Truck Drivers Jobs, Driver Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Stratostaff Jobs
Reference: SEA 2019
Our client, one of the world’s leading logistic providers is seeking to recruit Truck drivers.
The Truck driver will be responsible for driving safely and transporting authorized goods from pickup points to designated locations as instructed by the supervisor.
- Must have knowledge of Highway Code and traffic rules.
- Possess a valid BCE- Class Driving License
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
- Proven work experience as a truck driver (Class B, C & E)
- At least 8 years driving experience.
- Ability to drive long hours.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Accident free records
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Minimum Educational Qualification: KCSE
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate not more than six months old
- Basic computer literacy
- Transport goods to and from authorized locations
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Follow the given routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log periods and kilometers spent driving
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Be flexible and open minded;
- Result oriented;
- Critical thinker;
- Analytical skills;
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th July 2019. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer