Assistant Director Of Public Prosecutions Jobs, Legal Jobs, ODPP Jobs
V/NO. 193/2019 RE-ADVERTISED
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 106,813 – Kshs. 146,512 p.m. DPP 4 (JG ‘Q’)
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- A cumulative number of Thirteen (13) years releveant experince from the date of admission as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya OR served for Two (2) years at the level of Senior Principal Prosecution Counsel DPP 5/JG’P’.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Council of Legal Education;
- Admission as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work perfomance and results; and
- Be a member of a recognized professional body.
NOTE: Possession of a Masters degree in law or any other social science from a recognized institution and a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
An officer at this level may be deployed to head a legal Ssection or work at any of the Departments at the Headquarters or a County Office. Specifically, duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- Coordinating the development and implementation of work plans that assist in the implementation of the section strategy that enhances efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of justice;
- Monitoring the delivery of service by the staff in the section, in line with the approved section and individual work plans, to ensure high quality standards are maintained, and that service meets set timelines;
- Facilitating participation of victims, witnesses, complainants and accused persons in the criminal justice system and protection of their rights to ensure a seamless judicial process;
- Supervising of the section’s performance management for efficient and
effective service delivery;
- Undertaking prosecutions to ensure justice on cases forwarded is delivered in a timely manner;
- Undertaking research, analysing research data and compiling reports on relevant information gathered, to ensure the prosecution services offered are well informed and are of high quality, and to enhance on the efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of service;
- Preparing preliminary legal documents/instruments, opinions and briefs, in line with the ODPP quality standards, to ensure proper preparedness for prosecution cases that enhances the quality of judgements delivered;
- Monitoring compliance with principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity, in order for ODPP to gamer the trust of stakeholders on the ability of ODPP to deliver quality public prosecution services;
- Advising ministries, departments, and agencies on legal policy issues, to ensure full compliance with the law and the relevant guidelines in the delivery of justice;
- Liaising with the witness protection agency to protect witnesses and screen possible criminal prosecutions forwarded to ODPP by the police, to ensure the delivery of quality and just public prosecution services;
- Reviewing investigations from various law enforcement agencies, to inform the rulings to be made on cases forwarded to ODPP for ruling;
- Studying and evaluating case files presented and deciding on whether to prosecute, to ensure all cases are attended to in a timely manner; and
- Developing and implementing a schedule that facilitates the delivery of timely service to clients, to ensure relevant stakeholders trust the ability of ODPP to high quality public prosecution services.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1. The form may be downloaded from the ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post and
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 -00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before Tuesday, 3rd September, 2019.
Persons with disability and those from marginalized and minority communities are encouraged to apply.