Assistant Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, Legal Officer Jobs, Verde Edge Jobs
Our client a fully-fledged commercial bank regulated by the central bank, offering a range of banking services including foreign exchange, current accounts and corporate finance products is looking to recruit an Assistant Legal Officer.
This role shall report to the Managing Director. The key role for this position shall be to provide quality legal leadership, guidance and direction in the planning and execution of all legal business and corporate strategies of the bank.
- Provide general legal advice to the company.
- Liaising with external legal consultants on all case management.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the Company.
- Provide timely and accurate legal advice, representation and referral on different legal issues and assist in
drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents
- Be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well
- Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important
issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis
- Draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of the legal clauses
- Check all the existing company documents to ensure that they are in order and rectify any irregularities.
- Deal with external legal counsel concerning the company and lenders advisors.
- Improve efficient management of external advisors, consultants and other service providers
- Implement suitable reporting mechanisms to ensure management is in a position to make informed and
- Any other work assigned by superiors.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Post graduate Diploma in legal studies;
- Registered as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Experience in legal drafting & thorough review of documents
- Proven Knowledge & experience in banking law
- Ability to liaise with external lawyers
- Experience in managing the litigation process
- Previous experience working with a commercial bank 2-3 years.
- Working experience in dealing with government registries
- Be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues; and
- Demonstrated professional competence, integrity and capability in work performance;
How To Apply:
Attach clearance documents with Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission
(EACC), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB). Salary Budget Ksh 80,000-150,000Ksh based on experience. Applications via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line Assistant Legal Officer by 6th September 2019 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted