Assistant Manager Jobs, Business Development Jobs, KTB Jobs
REF. KTB/HR 004/2019
- Conceptualize product-related projects and initiatives and coordinate with Ministry of Tourism and TMCs and/or counties and other stakeholders
- Developing effective and interactive product development training tools including presentations, copy and itineraries.
- Provide product support and advice to the Marketing team and offshore trade teams
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research and audits supported by on-going visits to source and competitor markets
- Analyze products and market portfolio
- Analyze business development opportunities.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Conduct regular competitor and product and pricing analysis
- Prepare annual business development budgets and plans for the department,
- Identification of opportunities for new products; and ensuring continuous development,
- Effective co-ordination and monitoring of market specific product development plans
- Ongoing liaison with overseas offices on product development projects and activities
- Undertake the strategic development of tourism related market opportunities including infrastructure and marketing initiatives.
- Prepare, implement and report on the tourism development plan and annual marketing plan to promote and enhance the Kenya’s Tourism within the Domestic and International marketplace in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage all brochure layouts and ensure databases and websites are maintained and updated with correct product info
- Contribute to the writing of product content for the Travel Trade website, including Product Updates and Product Features.
- Develop business development strategic plans
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Six (6) years’ relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a relevant field; -OR- Bachelor’s degree in any field with a Diploma in Business Administration, Marketing
- Master’s degree in any of the following; Marketing, Tourism Management, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Member of a recognized professional body
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How To Apply
Each application should be accompanied by an application letter quoting the reference number for the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current position, current remuneration, day time contact, e-mail address, name and contacts of three (3) referees.
All applications should clearly indicate the job reference and be submitted in any ONE of the following ways;
- Online applications should be emailed together with all the documents to: email@example.com indicating the position and reference on the subject line.
- Hard Copies applications maybe posted through Postal Address: P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
OR Hand Delivered and signed for at the Reception-KTB 7 th Floor Kenya Re Towers, Ragati Road. All hard copies applications should clearly indicate job reference on the envelope.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid documents to satisfy the requirements of
Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 2nd September 2019 at 5:00 pm, addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Tourism Board
P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
KTB is an equal opportunity employer.