Assistant Marketing Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, KTB Jobs
REF. KTB/HR 003/2019
- Assist the Marketing Manager in development and implementation of the region’s marketing strategy and provide strategic direction to the region’s team.
- Define and implement the action plans for the market area and achieve the objectives set.
- Ensure proper implementation of Kenya’s marketing strategy in the markets and monitor its implementation in PR, advertising etc
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers in the preparation of plans and monitor the implementation of actions
- Identify opportunities for cross-market sales
- Prepare and monitor regional budgets
- Ensure that costs related to exhibition stand design and construction is within budget.
- Confirm that region related goods are of the required standards and quantities that have been requisitioned are in liaison with the Inspection and Acceptance Committee.
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of regional marketing strategy and Annual Work Plan (AWP) and ensure that regional performance targets are set and achieved.
- Identify process improvements that reduce cost, improve quality and allow for the more efficient usage of organizational resources in the region.
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to the officers under him/her.
- Gather continuous market intelligence on the tourism brands’ performance, customer and trade attitudes, and new problems and opportunities.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Six (6) years’ experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution OR Bachelor’s Degree in any of the followings; Tourism Management, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution AND a Diploma in Marketing from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in any of the following; Marketing, Tourism Management, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Member of a recognized professional body
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How To Apply
Each application should be accompanied by an application letter quoting the reference number for the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current position, current remuneration, day time contact, e-mail address, name and contacts of three (3) referees.
All applications should clearly indicate the job reference and be submitted in any ONE of the following ways;
- Online applications should be emailed together with all the documents to: email@example.com indicating the position and reference on the subject line.
- Hard Copies applications maybe posted through Postal Address: P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
OR Hand Delivered and signed for at the Reception-KTB 7 th Floor Kenya Re Towers, Ragati Road. All hard copies applications should clearly indicate job reference on the envelope.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid documents to satisfy the requirements of
Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 2nd September 2019 at 5:00 pm, addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Tourism Board
P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
KTB is an equal opportunity employer.