Chief Marketing Officer Jobs, Sales & Marketing, Kirinyaga County Jobs
JOB REF: KIDA/CMO/04/26/07/19
Terms: 3 Years Contract
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Analyzing the market or markets where the KIDA operates.
- Developing and making effective use of KIDA profile.
- Elaborate business development plans, implement processes to support business growth through customer and market definition
- Agreeing upon and implementing a marketing plan.
- Identifying substantive areas of expertise where the firm is weak or understaffed and quickly act to correct the situation.
- Identifying a specific number of prospective new clients and dealing with the prospects directly or indirectly.
- Build and maintain high level contacts with current and prospective customers, including other business and project partners
- Drive prospects through to contract awards, including identifying new customers and markets, simultaneously developing approaches to the market and identifying new prospects
- Determining which of the firm’s strengths should be brought to the attention of existing and prospective clients in the markets where the KIDA practices
- Meeting with each major existing client and determining: –
(a) Whether the client is satisfied with the firm’s representation;
(b) How the KIDA might improve from the client’s perspective;
(c) What other services might be performed using client evaluation questionnaires.
- Analyzing the mailing list for Authority’s announcements and determining whether it should be expanded or modified.
- Identifying a specific number of potential referral sources and informing them about the firm.
- Identifying and encouraging participation in appropriate service, political, social, alumni and similar organizations for all staff
- Developing internal programs to keep the staff in the firm informed about business development activities.
- Facilitate business growth by working as a cohesive team with the senior management.
- Any other duty as assigned by the CEO/Authority
- Must have a relevant Degree in Marketing or related field
- An MBA or any Master’s degree and possession of additional marketing qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Have served for at least six (6) years of relevant experience with at least five (4) years at senior Management/ leadership position in the area of marketing;
- A member of Chartered Institute of Marketing will be an added advantage
- Excellent writing, editing, digital and oral presentation skills in English
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Experience with research using data analytics software
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent negotiating & interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with one or more content management system e.g. WordPress
- Candidates with experience in corporate training or research consultancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Ability to develop winning teams
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How To Apply
All applications should be sent by post quoting the job reference number on the subject of the application and on the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
Kirinyaga Investment and Development Authority
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4th floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays), on or before Wednesday 7th August 2019.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.