Cook Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our client in the hospitality industry is looking to fill in the above position, to be based in Nairobi. They must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Working experience of more than 3 years in a similar industry
- Must be 28 years and above.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter quoting their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org . This is an urgent position and will remain open until it’s filled. Only qualified candidates should apply.