Driver III/Plant Operator III Jobs, Driving Jobs, Kenya Forest Service Jobs
KFS GRADE 12
- Maintaining the work ticket;
- Driving vehicle to approved destinations and carrying only authorized passengers and goods in accordance with traffic laws and regulations;
- Undertaking light maintenance;
- Detecting and reporting faults in vehicles, ensuring safety and security of the vehicle, passengers, and luggage;
- Observing the highway code;
- Road-testing of vehicles following service or repairs, maintenance of a functional tool kit, spare tyres, first aid box and fire extinguishers, ensure general cleanliness of the vehicles;
- Mentor and guide drivers in lower grades;
- Advice on proper vehicle maintenance and use;
- Reporting all accidents, incidences and other damages of vehicle to relevant authority and supervisors;
- General cleanliness, maintain work discipline;
- Ensure proper management of fuel and lubricants and
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum grade D plain
- Valid driving license for relevant classes
- Certificate of suitability test for drivers grade III/Plant Operators Grade III
- At least two (2) years previous satisfactory driving experience after obtaining the driving licence.
- Possess a driving licence free from current endorsements for classes of machine(s) that one may be required to operate at least two plants of difficult rating C
- Certificate of Occupational test grade III
- First Aid certificate
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct
- National Youth Service graduates who meet the above requirements will have an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should apply, clearly indicating reference number for the position. Applications should include current curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, names and contact details of three referees, copy of national identity card, copies of testimonials, copies of professional and academic certificates, statutory requirements (As specified for each of the positions in the detailed job description in KFS website) should be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address so as to reach the Service not later than 19th August, 2019 by 5.00 pm.
All applications should be clearly marked with the position reference number on the envelope.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P.O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply.