Environment Officer Jobs, Environment Conservation Jobs, Environmental Science Jobs, Environment Jobs, Environmental Jobs, NEMA Jobs
The National Environmental Management Authority is established under the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA) CAP 387, as the principal institute of government in the implementation of environmental policies.
Are you passionate about the environment and want to be part of the conservation world? Then this is the job for you.
- To supervise Environmental Assistants III (E9) under Field Operations sub-department
- Handling correspondences related to field operations
- Coordination of management of sub-department registry
- To oversee daily office maintenance
- To supervise staff of low cadre under the sub-department
- Assessments of field operations requirements of goods and services
- Environmental inspections
- Creating public awareness on environmental issues at the county level through programs e.g. Barazas, ASK shows, stakeholder meetings, WED, WDCD, etc.
- Mobilizing the public to participate in environmental conservation and management at county level
- Ensuring the county develops the necessary capacity for environmental management
- Liaising with NGOs and coordinating community environmental activities at county level
- Documenting and promoting best environmental practices in the county
- Coordinating environmental education and information in the county
- Assisting lead agencies in planning environmental training in the county
- Coordination of the preparation of County Environmental Action Plans and County State of Environment reports
- Monitoring of the implementation of the County Environmental Action Plans
- Ensuring prosecution of environmental offenders within the area of jurisdiction
- Inventory and mapping of facilities that are sources of pollution within the county
Bachelors’ degree in any of the following field; Environmental Management, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Studies, Natural Science or any other relevant qualification from a recognised institution.
How to Apply:
All applicants are expected to submit a detailed curriculum vitae indicating current enumeration, current position/grade, expected salary, and contacts on the online platform: https://erp.nema.go.ke:8081/vacancies . Kindly send a hard copy of the application accompanied by copies of certificates, testimonials, detailed CV, Quoting the reference No. om the envelope to the address below by 2nd September 2019.
The Director General
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O Box 67839-00200
Shortlisted Candidates will be expected to fulfill the following requirement by submitting copies of clearance certificates during interviews from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations(certificate of good conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau