Forest Management Trainees Jobs, Management Trainee Jobs, Kenya Forest Service Jobs
KFS Grade 9
The Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a body corporate established by the Forest Conservation & Management Act, 2016. The Service is mandated to conserve, protect and manage all public forests. In line with the provisions of the Forest Conservation and Management Act, 2016 the Service wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
The successful candidates will undergo both a mandatory Basic Paramilitary Course as well as on-the-job training on forest conservation, protection and management.
Thereafter they will be posted to various managerial assignments with KFS field Officers.
- Identifying and rehabilitating degraded sites, establishing plantations and implementing silvicultural prescriptions,
- Devising measures for forest protection and biodiversity conservation,
- Taking initiative for safe custody and control of stores and accountable documents,
- Implementing management initiatives and plans for revenue collection,
- Maintenance of infrastructure, plant and equipment,
- Supervising orderly removal of forest products and community mobilization for forest management, overseeing preparation of annual work plans,
- Progress reports and maintenance of relevant records,
- Preparation of annual work plans, community action plans, and progress reports,
- Providing technical support on forestry field days,
- Ensuring timely collection of revenue,
- Promoting commercial forestry,
- Wood energy conservation, forest based microenterprises and ecotourism,
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Forestry from a recognized University.
- A minimum of 2nd class honours – Upper Division
- Be aged between 22-29 years
- Be computer literate
- Being a full member of Forest Society of Kenya will be an added advantage
- Statutory requirements for the program
Be a person of high integrity who meets the requirements of Chapter (6) six of the Constitution specifically;
- Have been cleared by the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should apply, clearly indicating reference number for the position. Applications should include current curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, names and contact details of three referees, copy of national identity card, copies of testimonials, copies of professional and academic certificates, statutory requirements (As specified for each of the positions in the detailed job description in KFS website) should be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address so as to reach the Service not later than 19th August, 2019 by 5.00 pm.
All applications should be clearly marked with the position reference number on the envelope.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P.O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply.