It was during my search for a customer service job that I talked to a friend about how hard looking for a job was. She asked for my CV and on looking through it, she concluded that although I had the skills, my CV was not well-written. All this time, my CV was letting me down and I did not realize it.
I had it done by a CV writing professional and I must say, I was shortlisted for quite a number of interviews after that. It was a miracle worker.
Today, I share with you this customer service CV sample, that will provide you with what you need to be shortlisted for a customer service job.
Tel: +254 711 222 333
Career Profile Summary
This section of your customer service CV sample needs to be punchy to wow the employer when they open your CV as shown;
A proactive professional experienced in managing and analyzing customer requests to resolve issues accurately and in a timely manner in order to win customer loyalty. This is made possible by my ability to thoroughly understand products which results in better response to enquiries. I bring on board the following competences; customer service, business development, administration, finance, accounting, procurement and relationship management. Highlights of my working experience include; managing customer orders in a timely manner, improving the client-pro match rate from 34% to 40%, building sustainable relationships with clients, maintaining filing systems for all employees, acting as the point of communication between departments, identifying and assessing customer needs coupled with handling administrative roles. Moreover, I am also proficient in handling numerous operations with minimal supervision. I am looking to work with a company where I will exploit my customer service expertise and as a result contributing to more business acquisition.
- Master’s Program in Business Administration- XYZ University-Kenya; 2019 to Date.
- Bachelor of Commerce- University of ABC; 2014 to 2018.
- Certified Procurement and Supplies Profession- EFG College of Management; 2017 to 2019.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA Part 1 and Section 2)- JKL College, 2015.
Key Skills and Competencies Acquired
You will notice that the skills and competencies mentioned in this customer service CV sample are relevant to what employers look for in a customer service professional. Tailor your CV to match those requirements.
- Customer Relations: Adept with managing customer service operations and providing proactive customer engagement through reviewing customer issues and proactively recommending solutions tailored to suit their needs.
- Relationship Management: Ability to establish and facilitate the growth of strong relationships with current and potential clients by interacting with them through presentations and one on one interactions to meet their needs.
- Administration skills: I am proficient in handling administration duties some of which include; maintaining office systems, including data management and assisting in making budget preparations.
- Finance: Knowledge in handling the preparation of monthly management reports, preparation of financial statements, budget projections and analysis and handling the management of cash flows.
- Accounting: Skilled with experience in handling general accounting principles such as bank reconciliations, petty cash management, the general ledgers, reconciliations among other general accounting principles.
- Communication: Ability to relate well with everyone in a confident and professional manner ensuring that I appeal to what moves them and capable of good interaction with clients and colleagues.
- ICT Competence: Good command of Microsoft Office tools, Internet and Emails.
This should never be left out in a customer service CV sample. How else will you show the employer that you are capable of handling the job?
Accounts and Operations Assistant
XYZ Company; 2019 to Date
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing day to day operations in the office.
- Preparing and submitting all the legal mandatory payments (NHIF, NSSF).
- Facilitating the preparation of payroll and all the Financial Documents.
- Preparing and presenting monthly, and quarterly Board reports.
- Processing and maintaining filing systems for all employees.
- Acting as the point of communication between departments.
- Performing all journal entries and performing bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining the Asset register and ensuring monthly reconciliation of all the assets.
- Handling all relevant administrative roles as assigned by my supervisor.
Job Satisfaction Associate
WXY Kenya; 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributed highly in managing customer orders in a timely manner during my first month in Lynk.
- Improved the client-pro match rate from 34% to 40%.
- Surpassed my KPI in ensuring that customer orders got quotes in less than 24 hours. This moved from 76% to 83.3%.
- Carried out all other tasks bought to my attention.
Customer Care Intern
XYZ Company; 2016(4 months)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Built sustainable relationships with clients through open and interactive communication.
- Handled inquires, complains and calls.
- Identified and assessed customer needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Performed all other roles as was assigned.
Other Past Experiences
- Customer Care; Mukuyuni Financial Services Association, 2015(4 months)- handled customer inquiries and complains and updated customer passbooks as per the system.
- International Movement of Catholic Students Association; Active Member.
- Kenya Institute of Supplies Management; Active Member.
Name Of Referee
Tel: +254 725 692 610
Name of Referee
Tel: +254 706 955 003
Name of Referee
Tel: +254 729 158 126
There you have it. You can use this Customer Service CV Sample to come up with your CV.
If you would like more help on getting a customer service CV sample, reach out for help here.