Information Officer Jobs, Communication Jobs, ODPP Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 28,635 – Kshs. 55,706p.m. DPP 11 (JG ‘J’)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
Core Skills /Competencies
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills;
- Resource management skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Records management skills;
- Social media savy;
- Proficiency in video shooting and editing;
- Strong writing, editing and proof reading skills; and
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
In addition to the above requirements an officer must have the following qualities;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work well with diverse workforce;
- An eye for details;
- Ability to take and execute instructions;
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude; and
- Team player.
This will be the entry and training grade for degree holders. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Gathering and disseminating news and information on Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions programs, to ensure full awareness of and participation in the programs;
- Contributing to the development of the ODPP communication and media strategy, to ensure the division meets the ODPP needs in the delivery of public prosecution services;
- Developing and maintaining media contacts to ensure ease in communication to the public;
- Collating technical and official documents, to ensure the documents project positive image for the institution;
- Identifying media opportunities and contributing to social media management inorder to create multiple channels of communication with stakeholders.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to make their applications by completing ONE application form ODPP 1. The form may be downloaded from the ODPP’s Website www.odpp.go.ke or picked from Nairobi Headquarters and County Offices.
The candidates should attach COPIES of the following documents to their application form:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and Professional Certificates and Transcripts
- Any supporting documents and testimonials
- Letter of appointment to their current substantive post
- Letter of appointment to their previous post and
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Law Society of Kenya for Lawyers
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Any other Professional bodies to which the candidate is a member
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
NSSF Building 19th Floor, Block ‘A’
P.O. Box 30701 -00100
So as to reach the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on or before Tuesday, 3rd September, 2019.
Persons with disability and those from marginalized and minority communities are encouraged to apply.