Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
Vacancy: CGHR 94/07/19
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Stanford University, California, USA whose main purpose is to conduct a research study titled “Disentangling the human vector relationship to disrupt dengue and chikungunya virus outbreaks in Kenya”. The section has two vacancies for Laboratory Technologists.
Position: Laboratory Technologist MR 7 (2 positions)
Reporting to: Assistant Research Officer/Principal Investigator.
- Diploma in applied biology or related subject from a recognized institution.
- Two years’ experience in both field and laboratory research setting.
- Experience with polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or field entomology on mosquitoes, especially Aedes aegypti, will be added advantage.
- Experience with data entry.
- Prepare human blood samples for testing for presence of dengue and chikungunya viruses using real-time PCR in a research laboratory.
- Participate in the management of project laboratory equipment
- Make requisition for and control use of field supplies.
- Be responsible for sample collection of Aedes aegypti eggs, larvae, pupae and adults at targeted places by assigned entomology team.
- Rear Aedes aegypti in the insectaries.
- Perform morphological identification of mosquitoes.
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers.
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted