Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
This program is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute and the Stanford University, California, USA whose main purpose is to conduct a research study titled “Disentangling the human vector relationship to disrupt dengue and chikungunya virus outbreaks in Kenya”. The section has a vacancy for a Laboratory Technologist.
Position: Laboratory Technologist MR 7 (1 position).
Reporting to: Principal Investigator
- Diploma in medical laboratory from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Two years’ experience in both field and laboratory work in a research setting.
- Experience and skilled in phlebotomy.
- Experience with data entry.
- Supervise a team of Field Assistants to conduct scheduled surveys on healthy community cohort component of this study.
- Perform phlebotomy on consented study participants.
- Collect data as per study protocol using tablets.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment
One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number).
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address.
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers.
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than August 13, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted