Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, Sheria SACCO Society Jobs
Location: Head Office
Sheria SACCO Society Ltd is a tier I Savings and Credit Cooperative Society formally registered in 1972 with a growing membership of over 12,000 pooled from the Judiciary, AG Chambers, various Government Ministries, Business persons and Kenyans above the age of 18 years with an income.
Sheria SACCO is seeking to recruit dynamic, ambitious, and result-oriented individuals to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for advising on legal compliance and corporate matters, identifying and managing legal risks, leading the compliance function, providing direction and focus while proactively advising and educating the Sacco on relevant legal issues.
- Providing professional guidance to the Board and Management and ensuring compliance with the required standards of good corporate governance and good practices.
- Assisting the CEO in all legal matters pertaining to the Society.
- Planning, coordinating and overseeing legal advice and guidance given to the Board and Management with a view of ensuring compliance with the Laws, regulations and procedures relevant to the mandate and operations of the Sacco.
- Drafting, reviewing and ensuring proper execution of all legal documents for the Sacco
- Support in coordinating contract management process.
- Following up court rulings, hearings etc and attend courts as a follow up on matters affecting the Sacco
- Bachelors’ Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law/Legal Studies
- Three (3) years working experience
- Be a registered member of Law Society of Kenya and in good standing.
- Must have ICT competency.
- Registration as Certified Public Secretary and experience in the financial and cooperatives will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
To be considered, you must fill the online form under the careers tab and send your application via email addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Sheria Sacco Society Limited
Application Deadline Friday 21st Aug, 2019
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sheria Sacco is an “Equal Opportunity Employer”