Port Clerk Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Stratostaff Jobs
Location: Nairobi, Kenya Required: Immediately
Category: Experienced Offer: Neg.
Our client, a world’s leading logistic provider is seeking to recruit Port Clerks.
To effectively and efficiently coordinate all Import and Export shipments, Customs clearance and handling at various ports including JKIA (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) and ICD (Inland Container Depot).
- Bachelor degree / Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
- Certificate in Customs Administration.
- Practicing certificate from East Africa Customs Freight Forwarding (EACFFPC)
- Minimum of 2 years working experience
- Possession of Driving License / Motorcycle license
- Regulatory compliance; Compliance with Customs and local authorities’ requirements for imports/exports handling of shipments
- Implement exports / imports SOPs and maintaining exports/ imports records
- Maintain allocated documents as per approved Import / Export SOP’s
- Collect documents from all handling sheds at the ports (JKIA and ICD)
- Manage parcels, documents and letters as per delivery instructions, ensuring signatures are obtained as per receipts and deliveries effected.
- Dispatch all internal and external imports and exports documentation within scheduled timelines
- Engage with inspection authorities to ensure timely inspection
- Proper handling and accountability of all shipment documents.
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity
- Passion for results
- Emotional intelligence
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 23rd August 2019. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.