Principal Wetlands Officer Jobs, Environment Jobs, Environmental Jobs, NEMA Jobs
The National Environmental Management Authority is established under the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (EMCA) CAP 387, as the principal institute of government in the implementation of environmental policies.
Do you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this job? If so, NEMA is looking for you.
- Implementing wetlands, coastal and marine conservation policies and programs
- Preparing technical reports.
- Initiating and establishing linkages with partners and stakeholders in order to enhance conservation of coastal, marine and freshwater eco-systems.
- Monitoring the state of coastal, marine and freshwater resources on a regular basis.
- Taking inventory of aquatic ecosystems to assist in their proper management, and to identify appropriate measures to prevent or minimize pollution.
- Collecting and collating information for development of management plans.
- Liaising with lead agencies, the private sector, NGOs and communities on CMF conservation and management activities.
- Developing national wetlands inventory; and implementing relevant Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) and coastal, marine and freshwater programs including donor funded projects.
- Developing and supervising implementation of management plans for the sustainable utilization and conservation of coastal, marine and freshwater ecosystems.
- Liaising with the relevant lead agencies and other stakeholders to ensure monitoring and taking inventory of coastal, marine and freshwater ecosystems to assist in their proper management.
- Identifying and verifying appropriate measures to prevent pollution.
- Coordinate lead agencies and stakeholders in implementation of coastal marine section activities as per approved NEMA Work Plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Aquatic Ecology (Freshwater),Marine Ecology, Wetland Management, Environmental Science or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Aquatic Ecology (Freshwater),Marine Ecology, Limnology, Wetlands Management, Conservation Biology or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
- Nine (9) years relevant work experience in environmental field.
- Computer Skills
- Demonstrated professional ability, initiative and competence in organizing and directing work.
- Excellent Communication and Report Writing Skills
- Leadership skills
How to Apply:
All applicants are expected to submit a detailed curriculum vitae indicating current enumeration, current position/grade, expected salary, and contacts on the online platform: https://erp.nema.go.ke:8081/vacancies . Kindly send a hard copy of the application accompanied by copies of certificates, testimonials, detailed CV, Quoting the reference No. om the envelope to the address below by 2nd September 2019.
The Director General
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O Box 67839-00200
Shortlisted Candidates will be expected to fulfill the following requirement by submitting copies of clearance certificates during interviews from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations(certificate of good conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau