Production Manager Jobs, Agriculture Jobs, Kirinyaga County Jobs
JOB REF: KIDA/PMWP/06/26/07/19
Terms: 3 Years Contract
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations while ensuring the highest standards in our quality products.
- Schedule and coordinate packaging activities, labor and plant resources to meet the goals of sales team and senior management.
- Lead weekly reviews of production pipeline with senior management, including tracking of existing products.
- Contribute the growing science and continued research and development of new Wezesha Program products and provide success to growing list of other competitors.
- Manage maintenance team and packaging line supervisors to establish and follow a preventive maintenance program.
- Manage existing and develop new quality programs to improve packaging quality.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labor, equipment, facility space and materials.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production
- Continually improve regulatory compliance and maintain all safety records by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Achieve production goals and opportunities by maximizing pack efficiency, fruit utilization and reducing product holds and customer claims.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day head count and staffing requirements by considering operational requirements and labor cost.
- Generate accurate production reports and analysis based production rates and statistics.
- Ensure team adherence and continuous improvement of all established operational procedures (shift start-up, production run, handoff, shutdown and cleaning).
- Manage the maintenance, cleaning, and operation of multiple types of manufacturing and packing equipment.
- Assess, plan, and deliver regulatory and opportunity training to improve individual and team knowledge and capability.
- Manage seamless transitions between one production shift to another as well as to the sanitation department.
- Make timely and appropriate operational decisions based on multiple and varying factors (safety, time, tomato availability, staffing, budget, equipment, etc.)
- Maintain an 80% floor presence and 20% administrative focus.
- Any other duty as assigned
- Masters degree in Agriculture and Applied Economics or its equivalent 5 – 7 years of food processing industry experience
- Experience in sanitation, blending and knowledge of food processing production and a strong safety record
- Familiarity with food processing equipment and environment
- Advanced math and problem solving knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to train, manage and lead teams of production workers through effective communication
- Demonstrate skills in manufacturing and improvement with a “lead by example” attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and multitask in a high speed environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer skills: basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of the processes within high speed production facilities
- Written and spoken English essential, and Kiswahili important,
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How To Apply
All applications should be sent by post quoting the job reference number on the subject of the application and on the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
Kirinyaga Investment and Development Authority
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4th floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays), on or before Wednesday 7th August 2019.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.