Research Manager Jobs, KTB Jobs
REF. KTB/HR 002/2019
- Advise on all research matters
- Develop and implement KTB’s research strategy, policies, mission and vision.
- Provide strategic direction for research related innovation to optimize KTB‘s competitive advantage both locally and internationally.
- Responsible for gathering and compiling market and competitor data to define market size, market share, opportunities and threats, across all Kenya’s tourism product categories and markets.
- Analyze customer needs and customer satisfaction through specific market research projects: quantitative and qualitative analysis to include client segmentation and making recommendations based on research.
- Make recommendations for short and long-term tactical plans.
- Assess the need for purchasing market intelligence resources.
- Present regular market intelligence reports to top management.
- Support the assessment of market or product opportunities through delivery of relevant and timely market intelligence
- Supervise the collecting, data entry, filtration, analysis and dissemination of international arrivals.
- Prepare and manage the Research Budget
- Monitoring and evaluation of marketing performance.
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of Research Strategy and Annual Work Plan
- (AWP) and ensure that departmental performance targets are set and achieved.
- Ensure that research is effectively used to support the business objectives of KTB to increase productivity and results in order to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction and ensure seamless interdepartmental linkages.
- Identify process improvements in research that reduce cost, improve quality and allow for the more efficient usage of organizational resources.
- Ensure full implementation of the Quality Management System within the Research unit.
- Manage ad hoc research requests from other departments
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Nine (9) years’ relevant experience with three (3) years in Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Research Applications, Mathematics, Statistics & Economic or its equivalent
- Master’s Degree Research Applications, Statistics, Economic, Business Administration or its equivalent
- Membership to a relevant Professional Body
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How To Apply
Each application should be accompanied by an application letter quoting the reference number for the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current position, current remuneration, day time contact, e-mail address, name and contacts of three (3) referees.
All applications should clearly indicate the job reference and be submitted in any ONE of the following ways;
- Online applications should be emailed together with all the documents to: email@example.com indicating the position and reference on the subject line.
- Hard Copies applications maybe posted through Postal Address: P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
OR Hand Delivered and signed for at the Reception-KTB 7 th Floor Kenya Re Towers, Ragati Road. All hard copies applications should clearly indicate job reference on the envelope.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid documents to satisfy the requirements of
Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and will be required to submit among other documents:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 2nd September 2019 at 5:00 pm, addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Tourism Board
P. O. Box 30630 – 00100
KTB is an equal opportunity employer.