Stock Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a stock accountant to join their team.
Overall duties: The Stock Accountant is responsible for ensuring proper management of company’s inventory/ stock items. Maintains and updates the stock records, responsible for conducting physical stock counts, perform regular stock reconciliations and overall monitoring of stock transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate stock listings;
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts;
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against system for all categories of inventory and highlight variances to the management;
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory, weekly and monthly for replenishment;
- Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers;
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms, and raise non-conformity reports where applicable;
- Ensure that finished goods dispatched to the customers are matched with the actual invoices issued to the customers;
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence;
- Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
- Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock;
- Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items; Finished Goods, raw materials, spare parts and other consumables;
- Ensure stock ledger entries are properly coded and classified;
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the system records to capture any anomalies; and
- Assist the Chief Accountant in other relevant tasks as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business / Accounting / Finance or related field or Minimum CPA –K
- 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing industry
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management is mandatory.
- Experience in stores operations/ management.
- Computer literate with hands on experience in use of Pastel accounting software, Sage, QuickBooks and ERP
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Person of high integrity, honest and self-discipline
How To Apply
If qualified please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Stock Accountant’ by 21st August 2019.