Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs, KWTA Jobs
ADVERT/KWTA/HRM/RS/1/8 VOL.2 (33)
Employment in this position is on a permanent and pensionable basis.
Upon employment, the successful candidate will be answerable to the Senior Accountant and will be responsible for:
- Verify payment vouchers and staff imprests in accordance with the laid down financial procedures, policies and regulations.
- Verify posting of payments and receipts in the cashbooks on daily basis.
- Maintain and updating the Agency’s vote book.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure timely remittance of all statutory deductions.
- Provide safe custody of payment vouchers and approved journals and keeping safe custody of all accountable documents.
- Must have at least three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Management, Business Administration (Accounting Option) or its equivalent.
- Must have passed Part II of Certified Public Accountants (Kenya) Examination, or its equivalent.
- Must possess financial computer applications skills.
The Kenya Water Towers Agency (KWTA) is a State Corporation established vide Kenya Gazette Supplement Legal Notice No. 27 of 2012 with the mandate of coordinating and overseeing the protection, rehabilitation, conservation and to sustainably manage water towers in the country.
Candidates will be required, among other qualifications, to be Kenyan citizens and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 including:
- Valid certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Valid tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Report from an approved credit reference bureau (CRB).
How To Apply
Interested and eligible candidates must download and complete the KWTA employment application form available online on www.watertowers.go.ke and submit the same by 24th September, 2019 at 5.00PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies should be addressed to:
Adhoc Board Recruitment Committee,
Kenya Water Towers Agency,
N.H.I.F Building, 15th Floor
P.O. Box 42903 – 00100,
Kenya Water Towers Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters.
Details of all applicants and shortlisted candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be made public.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.