Assistant Internal Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, Finance Jobs, Economics Jobs, Virtual HR Jobs
Our client in the insurance sector providing tailored products in both general and life insurance are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Internal Auditor, the Assistant Internal Auditor is responsible for maintaining relationships with management and following up on the implementation of recommendations made.
- Participating in development and implementation of risk-based audit plans.
- Performing control adequacy and effective reviews of business processes and policies and making recommendations on the necessary improvements.
- Ensuring that operations in various departments and branches are conducted in compliance with laid down policy, procedure, work instructions and statutory regulations.
- Evaluating internal control systems in line with changing demands and ensuring that the systems are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the organization at all times.
- Conducting risk assessments and identifying controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Providing independent opinion on risk & control environment for the various business units or processes.
- Following-up of management action against target dates and assisting the internal auditor with preparation of reports.
- Evaluating and examining policies, procedures and systems that are in place so as to protect assets of the company.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- CPA (K)/ CIA
- Member of ICPAK.
- At least three years’ experience in a busy commercial environment as Internal Auditor or External Auditor.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of CAATs and understanding of contemporary financial principles and practices
- Audit experience in a busy insurance company will be an added advantage.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject “ASSISTANT INTERNAL AUDITOR” by Monday 23rd September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.