Assistant Registrar Jobs, Administration Jobs, MMUST Jobs
Assistant Registrar – Council Secretariat Grade XII One (1) Post (AD/06/09/19)
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor the successful candidate will:
- Manage all Council and Committee meeting logistics, attend and record minutes of all
meetings and facilitate Council communications.
- Serve as the focal point for all Council communications and engagements.
- Provide proper advice and resources required by Council members to discharge their
- Maintain accurate records of Council and committee deliberations, ensuring they reflect
proper exercise of fiduciary duties.
- Facilitate induction of new Council members and assist in their training and development.
- Ensure that Council complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as
best corporate governance practice, including disclosures.
- Provide guidance to the Council on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of
- Assist the Council in carrying out the following:
i) Preparation of Council Work Plans
ii) Updating the Council and Committee Charters
iii) Council Evaluation
iv) Governance Audit
v) Implementation of the Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Ensure timely preparation and circulation of Council committee papers and minutes.
- Maintain and update the register of conflict of interest.
- Ensure that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) or in humanities from a recognized
- those with a Master’s Degree in Law, Public Administration, Education, and Human
Resource Management will have an added advantage.
- In addition, candidates must be holders of Certified Public Secretary CPS (K); with five (5) years cumulative relevant work experience in an institution of higher learning, public/private sector, or a large corporation;
- must be a Member of Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya, ICPS (K) or Law Society of Kenya (LSK) in good standing and must be proficient in computer applications.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The appointment tenure for Dean of Students, Assistant Registrar- Council Secretariat and the Manager
ICT will be for a contractual period renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set
performance targets. Other positions may be considered for permanent and pensionable terms of
service upon successful completion of the probation period.
How to Apply:
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of
relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials
and any other relevant supporting documents.
- They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
- Applicants must also submit on application CURRENT VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
- All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert reference number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below.
- A soft copy of the cover letter and curriculum vitae should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received on or before Friday, 11th October, 2019
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance)
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AND FEMALE
GENDER ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment