Category Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi
Brief Role Description
- Responsible for the category management of Pharma & OTC to maximize customer experience and category value.
- The role involves managing vendors, managing a wide range of products within the portfolio and elements like pricing, promotions, inventory management, new product listing and delisting of non-performing products.
Brief Role Description
- Creating and developing a short and long-term strategy for development of the product category
- Management of the end to end product lifecycle for assigned categories including product introductions, product pricing, forecasting, depletions and promotion planning
- Calculating the impact of purchases on company sales and gross margin.
- Perform product performance reviews with a view of providing short and long-term strategy plans for the category
- Implement promotional planning calendar by category and supplier for cross-functional use in scheduling multichannel strategy and product direction
- Supplier Management – Develop strong supplier relationships, negotiations, contracts and performance review process
- Identify opportunities and development initiatives to source from qualified diverse suppliers as part of a global initiative to align purchasing strategies with corporate values.
- Provide internal and external customers with focused insights regarding the products and category to drive business performance
- Ensure maintenance of optimal inventory levels, inventory turns and reduction of aging inventory.
- Employ expertise to control costs, reduce lead times and manage all aspects of purchasing relating to the category
- Vendor Management: Vendor selection; Performance Evaluation; Negotiations; Vendor database Management
- Inventory Management: Monitoring inventory levels; Maintaining product database; Bulk orders processing; Shelf life management
- New Products Listings: Products selection; Product coding
- Financial Management: Pricing Analysis; Category margins
- Marketing: Developing category promotion calendar; Execution of promotions Merchandising of products
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retailing, management, sales, or marketing is required.
- Strong background with merchandising and vendor relationship;
- Previous experience as a category manager ideally for a retail organization
- Experience in product purchasing, financial analysis, and inventory control
- Strong proble- solving skills and able to work in a fastpaced environment under pressure
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Strong Analytical and retail management skills
- Strong Reporting skills
- Deadline-oriented, Good time management skills
- Commercial Awareness, Good judgment and wisdom in negotiations, projections, and communications.
- Should be prepared to work irregular or long hours at certain times of the year.
- Must have a strong work ethic & remain professional & enthusiastic at all times.
- The ability to analyze and form accurate conclusions to support category decisions based on key data is essential.
- A thorough understanding of retail insights
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to manage and persuade at all levels of the company
- Previous experience and knowledge of a retail environment.
- Being good with numbers is essential
- To actively participate in ongoing personal development programs
- Regular attendance at appropriate training sessions on- and off-site, where appropriate
- Ability to work in other Branches, when requested, to cover for sickness/holidays & to gain additional experience.
How To Apply
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org