CHIEF OFFICER – MEDICAL SERVICES AND PUBLIC HEALTH.
J/G `S’ (1 POST) REF: LCPSB/ADV/2019/23
Terms of Service: Contract
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from a recognized University in Kenya.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 5 of which should be in a managerial position in a large organization;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of County development objectives and vision
- Be a strategic thinker and results-oriented;
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the constitution of Kenya; and
- Be computer literate.
The Chief Officer will be the authorized officer and accounting officer in a specific department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Members.
Specific duties will include:
- Administration of a county department;
- Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development
- Implementations of policies and regulations;
- Providing strategic policy directions for effective services delivery;
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill job application form provided on our website www.lamu.go.ke /www.lamu-cpsb.org together with required documents and send to;
Lamu County Public Service Board
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
National Identity Card
Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
Copies of clearance certificates from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
Criminal Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
Any other relevant supporting documents
Important information: The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 18th October 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.