Chief Technologist Jobs, Architecture Jobs, UON Jobs
AC/9/217/19 (1 POST) (CAE)
- Applicants must have MSc or MA degree in Real Estate or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or Building and Civil Engineering or Architectural Studies or any other relevant area of specialization plus 5 years experience at the level of Senior Technologist in an academic institution.
- Those with B.Sc. or BA degree or Higher Diploma in Real Estate or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or Information Technology or Building and Civil Engineering or Architectural Studies or any other relevant area of specialization plus 7 years experience as Senior Technologist in an academic institution will also be considered.
- The successful candidate will be expected to supervise technical staff, actively participate in research activities, develop materials for academic and technical instruction, supervise and organize students’ projects and studios for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- He/she is expected to be familiar with procurement procedures and purchasing of materials useful in providing service to teaching, laboratory and workshop equipment.
- He/she should have leadership and managerial skills.
How To Apply
- Applicants for academic posts (AC) should forward ten (10) copies of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications, experience, research activities and publications they appear in. All applicants for teaching positions are required to complete and submit together with their application documents, a hard copy of the CUE interactive application form available in the respective Department/ College Website.
- Applicants for non-academic posts (AD) should submit seven (7) of their application letters accompanied by similar number of certified copies of certificates and CV giving details of their qualifications and experience.
- In both cases, applications and related documents should be forwarded through the applicants’ heads of departments. In addition, applicants should state their current designations and salaries and other benefits attached to those designations. They should quote post reference codes as shown for each post in the advertisement.
- Applications should be addressed as per the codes below:-
R&T The Deputy Registrar, Recruitment & Training, P.O Box 30197-00100 Nairobi
CAE The Principal, College of Architecture & Engineering, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
CBPS The Principal, College of Biological & Physical Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
CHS The Principal, College of Health Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
CHSS The Principal, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Box 30197-00100, Nairobi.
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2019.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.